Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sophisticated Grad - FMS31

Graduation is right around the corner, so grad cards are number one on my list to make.  I'm the kind of stamper who does not like to mass produce (sometimes I might make two of one kind of card), so I need to get my creative juices flowing and get cracking. 
The starting point for this card was the Freshly Made Sketches #31 Challenge.  I flipped the sketch on it's side, because my shape fit a little better that way.
 
 I had the cream colored label already cut and sponged from my last project, so that was my second jumping off point.....things just emerged from there and before I knew it, this card was done!  It's a pretty straight forward design and doesn't have much for frills, but then again that's what you want in a masculine card, right? 
The backround paper is from the Mocha Morning Specialty DP and has a bronzy, shimmery, metalic sheen to it.
   Here's a list of supplies I used....
Stamps: Great Grads, Congrats
Paper: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Vanilla, Mocha Morning DP
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede (sponging)
Accessories: Adhesive pearls, Framelits Labels die, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Circles #2 die, border EF by Provo Craft
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great "guys card" Jenny. I love the way you have the circle inside the framelits dies, it looks wonderful. Thanks for playing with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect masculine graduation card! Very well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete