Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dynamic Duo Graduation

Gee, I guess I've been MIA for a bit. I've been enjoying thumbing through the NEW Stampin' Up catalog and absorbing all kinds of ideas and inspiration. Plus, I have been busy at my desk stamping more graduation cards.  Most of our graduations take place at the end of May, so I'm pretty much done.  I have a few more cards that I will share on my blog here in the next few days.
 

Todays card is for my first Dynamic Duo Challenge. This is a brand new site and is only the second week of challenges.  The idea is to use only two colors on your creation, plus you can add neutrals.  This week the colors were So Saffron and Pool Party. 

I used a couple neutrals with this color duo....first edition specialty paper, a little bit of silver sparkle paper and a touch of crumb cake.  I like the soft colors together with the pop of sparkle.  I paper pierced and faux stitched the main panel to add a little something extra. 
Supplies
Stamps: Happy Graduation
Paper: So Saffron, First Edition Specialty paper, Pool Party DP, Crumb cake, Very Vanilla, Silver Sparkle
Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Star die, paper Piercing tool, itty bitty punch pack, houndstooth EF, ruffled pool party ribbon, basic rhinestones
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


7 comments:

  1. What a splendid graduation card Jenny! Love your sparkly star and little ribbon tab. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun details on your terrific graduation card! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is THIS? Awesome graduation card with the fab stitching and that sparkly star. Love the layut and the awesome details you added. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your attention to detail Jenny! You have used the colour combo just perfectly! Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, a great graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I like the splash of silver!
    Thanks for joining us over at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many things to love about your card...the faux stitching (which looks so real), the embossing, love the added sparkle! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete