Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Retro Grad Owl

I absolutely love the owl builder punch made into a graduation card.  Doesn't he look smart?  This card is for Retro Sketches #11.  I was also inspired by this card by Mary at Stampin Pretty.
Here's a look at this weeks retro sketch
I used the tree bark embossing folder on the early esspresso base card...I think it mimics a tree very nicely, don't you?  I free hand cut a graduation hat and added a little tiny diploma tucked into his wing, while the other wing is holding the congratulations banner.  I loved they way Mary's card open, and chose to follow her lead there, only mine closes by tying the ribbon....I think this is called a gate fold???  Correct me if I'm wrong here. 
Here's a list of supplies I used.....
Stamps: Great Grad
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgandy, Black, White, Pear Pizzaz
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Owl Builder punch, Scallop Oval punch, Burgandy grosgrain ribbon, mini brad, gold cord
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 




No comments:

Post a Comment