Monday, June 18, 2012

American Made - JUGS141


Just Us Girls' Challenge 141 is a red, white and blue color challenge. 
 I've seen these 3-D stars around different places and always wondered how they were made.  While browsing Pinterest the other day I stumbled upon a tutorial on how do make them and boy is it simple!  I got this idea to make a flag card, and then I saw the JUGS challenge.  What a perfect match!  I love it when things work out like that!


Because this card is so simple and has little for embelishments, I embossed the blue square in a big polka-dot EF and the red strips in the Square Lattice EF.  With the 3-D star, this adds texture and visual interest.  I added a sentiment from Close To My Heart.


Stamps: You're a Star (CTMH)
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, White
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Stars #2 Die, Polka-dot & Square Lattice EF
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Love all the gorgeous texture you created...this is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete