Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's Your Day Marigolds ~ RS55 & CQC181

 
This card is for Retro Sketches 55 & Colour Q Challenge 181.  I've been wanted to stamp with blue colors lately and havn't had the chance until now.  I like the combo of blue and yellow, and it looks so cool with the addition of  black.  I don't have any Brilliant Blue or Brocade Blue, so I used Pacific Point and Marina Mist. 
I used a set from Close To My Heart called Flower Pot.  I've had it for a couple years and this is the first time I've used this image.  It's cute though!  After I decided on a stamp, I went to my paper stash and chose the theme of polka dots.  I love the Polka Dot Parade DP. 
I stamped the flowers and pot on watercolor paper, colored it with a blender pen and markers and cut them out.  I layered them on a piece of white that I embossed with the big dot EF.  I popped the flowers up with a dimentional.  The flowers were topped off with some rhinestones.
 
 
Here's a list of supplies....
Stamps: Flower Pot (CTMH)
Paper: Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, White, Watercolor, Polka Dot Parade DP
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Stazon Black
Accessories: Big Dot EF, Rhinestones, Scallop Border punch, Black Grosgrain ribbon
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


3 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love what you were able to do with these colors. Loving all that beautiful paper:) Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jenny, so many beautiful layers! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - this is so stinkin sweet! LOVE the bling! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ & RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete