Saturday, April 13, 2013

Blast Birthday! DD48 & STB13

 
Good Saturday morning everyone!  It's time for another cool color challenge from Dynamic Duos.  This week is a cheerful combo of Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue. 
 
 
I used Seize the Birthday #13 Masculine to help me along with my card this week.  I love this sketch!
This is actually made two cards for this DD challenge.  The first one I made was OK, but I wasn't totally loving it.  I was playing around with a few different stamps when I saw the little rocket from Pun Fun and thought it would be perfect for these colors.  I stamped the rocket in Stazon Ink on watercolor paper and colored it with a blender pen and markers.  I added gray as a neutral. I cut the image out with oval framelits, as well as another layering piece in Bashful Blue.  I used my Star #2 die and cut out a bunch of little stars.  After sponging them with a little Pumpkin Pie, I adhered them to the PP base.  The center banner is cut from some Just Add Cake DP and framed out with a little gray.  The horizontal gray panel was run through my big shot with my industrial metal EF.  A little border of Bashful Blue, another star with a glitter brad, and some glitter glue on the main image panel, and my card is complete. 
 
Here's the first card I made for the challenge.
I think I'd have liked it better had I skipped using the square die and just gone for the circle straight away.  It's cute and OK, but I like the rocket one much better!
Here it is again from a different angle.
 
As always, make sure you check out what the other Dynamic Duos Designers have done! 
Here's a list of supplies for the rocket card...
Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Watercolor, Just Add Cake DP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray
Accessories: Stars #2 die, Framelits Oval dies, Glitter brad, Glitter glue, Industrial metal EF, Martha Stewart border punch
 
Here's a list of supplies for the whale card....
Stamps: Oh, Whale, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Chevron, Square Lattice & Cloudy Day EF, Cupcake die, Happy Whale die, Word Window punch, Tiny Tag punch, Scallop Edge punch, Circle cutting system, rhinestones
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


12 comments:

  1. I think both of these are great. You're right, that rocket is perfect for this week's colors. Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, both of your cards are adorable. I will say that you pulled off these colors very well. I just love how your spaceship turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very sweet cards, Jenny! You have such a great way with details :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the details on the rocket ship card- the sponged stars, the gray embossed industrial metal- i just showed it to the hubby, and he said it was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both are so cute!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drooling over that rocket card! So darn good. I love the stars in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are cute...and both look great in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are adorable, Jenny. Great texture and patterns on each, and the images are so fun. I go through that too, making one card and not quite being completely satisfied with it, then end up making something else. Glad I'm not the only one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background you've created with the stars by sponging them and layering them on the same coloured card - fab effect! Both cards are great Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable, love that rocket ship and the added star!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the colors this week, Jenny! Both of your cards are so fun and whimsical! The sponged stars are such a great touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I really love that little rocket stamp! Thanks so much for the kind comment on my card. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete