Monday, April 29, 2013

Masculine Adventure ~ STB15

 
This card is for Seize the Birthday #15-masculine challenge.  So far I have participated in a few of the masculine challenges, but have failed to do any of the female ones.  I must make it a point to do that!  I will probably have a good chance, because STB is switching over to a two week challenge format. 
Since this was a masculine challenge, I went for one of the most manly paper packs I own....Well Worn.  The color palette is mostly rusts, blues and browns.  I was going in a totally different direction, as far a color goes, until I spotted this patterned paper.  I had never really seen it before.....how could that be?  It's really different from any other design in that bunch and I was drawn to it.  I pulled out the colors from it--Early Espresso, Black, Vanilla and River Rock.  Ahhhh, River Rock.  I used to really, really dislike River Rock.  Then I made this card and it made me see River Rock in a totally new light.  From that time on I had a different relationship with River Rock.  I actually came to love it.  But, now it's retiring and I'm really gonna miss it!  I like the way it's kinda green and kinda tan all at once.  Farewell, River Rock.  You must go so there can be room for a much more hip shade of gray.
Ok...enough nostalgia, let's get back to the task at hand.  After I had my paper in place, I tried to go for a masculine stamp set.  I decided I wanted a sentiment as the focal point of the card, so I went for Daring Adventure.  This could be turned into a graduation card too.  I stamped the sentiment onto a framelit oval and embossed it with Early Espresso EP.  I added some River Rock splotches from French Foliage and then very, very lightly sponged on some black ink to mimic the background of the DP.       
 
Next, I added all the chotchkies, which are what make a card special, I think.  I stamped the typed words from the Daring Adventure set in River Rock and punch it out with the Postage Stamp punch.  I added the footprints in black and sponged on some black ink too.  Wooden buttons, a library clip holding some linen thread complete this card.
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Daring Adventure, French Foliage
Paper: Early Espresso, Black, Vanilla, River Rock, Well Worn DP
Ink: VersaMark, Black, River Rock
Accessories: Library Clips, Designer Natural buttons, Postage Stamp punch, Oval Framelits, Chevron EF, Early Espresso EP, Linen Thread, Early Espresso ribbon
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 

1 comment:

  1. super card and take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete