Saturday, May 4, 2013

Butterfly Inspire ~ RS62 & PDC39

 
Hello fellow stampers!  This card is for Retro Sketches 62 and The Play Date Cafe 39
 
The Play Date Cafe's color combo is black and white with a splash of magenta.  I used Raspberry Ripple for the color splash.  I stuck to the sketch pretty closely and kept it simple.  I embossed the background DP with my Vintage Wallpaper EF and then rubbed it with my Illuminate ink pad for some extra shimmer.  I stamped the butterfly, from Best Of Butterflies, in Stazon Ink on watercolor paper and used my marker and blender pen to add the color.  I painted on some Frost White Shimmer paint here and there on the wings for some more shimmer.  Lastly, I added a line of rhinestones to the body of the butterfly. 
 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Best of Butterflies, Perfect Words
Paper: Black, White, Night and Day DP, Silver Shimmer
Ink: Stazon Black, Raspberry Ripple, Illuminate
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper EF, Black Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones, Frost White Shimmer Paint
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, LOVE the embossing on that dotted paper! GORGEOUS butterfly, too! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous card, I'm a sucker for butterflies so this really caught my attention. Great combination of challenges too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the butterfly! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete