Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Deck The Halls Skis ~ PP226


Hello and happy Tuesday to all of you!  I haven't played along with The Paper Players for quite some time and I thought this color combination looked fun and festive, so I gave it a try!


I had been looking for ideas for another project on Pinterest and came across this picture.....
Fun holiday front porch ideas are shown, including chalk painted skis, vintage Thermoses and plaid decor for Christmas. And most of the items were found at thrift stores and estate sales.:

This was my jumping off point for this card.  I wanted to use up some of my older DSP and this ski sweater print was a perfect match, I thought.  
Since I don't own the new stamp set {Winter Wishes} which has a ski in it, I had to make my own!  I stamped the hardwood stamp with Real Red ink onto Real Red cardstock and then cut out 3/4" strips.  I hand cut the tips of the skis and rolled them over a bit to make the tips bend up.  
The pine branches are from {Wonderland}.  I fussy cut them out and sponged them with coordinating ink. I also sponged the edges of all the Crushed Curry cardstock with Crushed Curry ink to mute the brightness of it just a bit.  The green in the DSP is actually Garden Green, but I think it goes just fine with my Cucumber Crush card base and sentiment. 
A couple of gold accents thrown on in the form of a gold brad and gold cord and my card was basically done!  This was a fun one to do! 



Here's a list of my supplies.....

Stamps: Happy Scenes, Hardwood, Wonderland
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Baked Brown Sugar, Real Red, Crushed Curry
Paper: Trim The Tree DSP paper stack, Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Real Red, White
Accessories: Gold cord, Gold brad, Modern Label punch, Burlap Ribbon

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny




2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny - fun fun fun card - love the textures of the sweater paper and burlap and the great way the skis are added on! You almost make me want to look forward to winter! :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players with your awesome talent and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am so impressed with your homemade skis! I thought for sure it was a stamp--clever girl. Great use of the nordic paper and love it combined with burlap for a cozy, rustic feel. Wonderful card, so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete