Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Bright Butterfly ~ HSS254, JAI342

Hello stampers! It's time once again for another Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge.  This time it's a sketch!
I'm also adding Just Add Ink's #342 inspiration of Just add N.  My N is for Night of Navy.
 I trust everyone has recovered from Christmas.  I have.  Ours was nice and relaxing this year.  I felt like I wasn't ready for it as it approached, but I was able to pull everything together at the last minute.  I seem to be a really good procrastinator.  To top it off, my youngest son's birthday is the 23rd (he turned 12 this year), so that gets thrown in there as well.  
The only thing I didn't get done, ironically, was my Christmas cards!  
I SO enjoy creating Christmas cards, too.  In fact I'm usually not ready to be done with the Christmas card making season after it's over.  It was a little tough for me to get out of the Christmas card mode and create something else, but I did it....thanks to some Christmas DSP!  Yep, that green polka dot piece is from a retired Christmas stack called Merry Moments.  I love the big bold polka dot and bright green color.  I paired it with a Night of Navy butterfly thinlit topped over a silver glimmer butterfly.  These two butterflies have been laying around my desk since last spring!  I'm glad to finally give them their moment in the spotlight!  I wanted to incorporate a nice bright pink as well, so the sentiment from {Sunburst Sayings} is stamped in Melon Mambo and I added a Melon Mambo banner.  The Night of Navy background piece is stamped with the Brushstrokes background stamp in Night of Navy ink.  Lastly, I added a little silver thread to tie into the silver butterfly.  I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt of a "regular" card after Christmas card season! 


I hope you'll be able to play along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Remember, our challenges last for two week, so you have plenty of time to create!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Such a happy, bright, card Jenny! So glad those butterflies finally got used, LOL. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink. :)

    ReplyDelete