Thursday, March 15, 2018

Basic Gray Painted Harvest CCMC501, CAS263


Hey stampers!  It's Thursday and that means another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!  This week its color.  Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, and Lemon Lime Twist are the palette for challenge #501.  How fun, right?!
I used the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #263 to help me create my card this week.  I really had a good time putting this one together.  I saw a card on Pinterest done with the Painted Harvest set in black and white.  I started having all kinds of thoughts about filling in the black and white image with watercolor, so that's where my inspiration came from!  After doing a little experimenting I finally settled on stamping the images in Basic Gray on watercolor paper.  I stamped the "bottom" flower once stamped off and then the top full strength.  I did the same with the fern looking leaf.  The flower center was also stamped off one time.  
I added the color with my aquapainter and stamp pads.  
After the coloring was done, I a cut several (about 5) of the Amazing die cuts and stacked them together using tombo liquid glue.  I dry laid it in place so I could see where to stamp the you using Basic Gray ink.  After the YOU was stamped, I ran the whole piece through the Big Shot with my Basket Weave Dynamic Impressions folder.  I'm in love with the texture!  I glued the Amazing into place and added the card front to a bit of Calypso Coral cardstock and then on a Basic Gray base.  
The last thing I did was add a bit of Wink of Stella to the flowers, leaves and Amazing for some dazzle.





I just love how this one turned out....and it came out pretty much like I saw it in my head!
here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Painted Harvest, Amazing You
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate
Paper: watercolor, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Celebrate You Thinlit dies, Basket Weave Dynamic folder

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Love the added texture from the embossed background and great job on gluing all those layers together for the die cut. A labour of love and thank you for taking part in this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete