Thursday, May 10, 2018

Side by Side Flamingos ~ CCMC509, FF0007


Hey stampers!  Today's card is for our new color challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary.  Isn't it divine?  I love pink, green, and neutral together.  As soon as I saw these colors I thought of the Fabulous Flamingo set and the cool greenery stamp that comes with it.  
What I'm not really hip on are the sentiments that come with it, so when I had this idea in my head I needed some sort of sentiment that would go with a pair of Flamingos.  I found one in the Beautiful Bouquet set.  I don't necessarily think the front sentiment and the inside sentiment were designed to go together, but they seemed to when I stamped this card (LOL)!  Now that I read it again they are a little disjointed....I may need to re-stamp the inside before I give it away.  :) At any rate, it will make a fun wedding or an anniversary card.    

What say's Pink better than a flamingo?  That's why I'm sharing my card in the Festive Friday #7 challenge.  

For the background on my card I started by taping down a 3"x 5 1/2" piece of watercolor paper, taking care to leave about a 1/4" border on all 4 sides.  It's not perfect, but it's close!  Next, I misted the paper with water and stamped the green leaves directly on the paper.  After that dried, I added some Sahara Sand ink with my Aqua painter in between the leaves and then stamped more leaves on top.  After it all dried again I used my clear wink of stella pen and painted some shimmer on the neutral background between the leaves.  It's very subtle but a nice little touch. 
I stamped two flamings in Flirty Flamingo and Crumb Cake, fussy cut them out and then popped them up over the sentiment strip and ribbon.  I need to talk about this ribbon for a second.  This Pear Pizzazz Pleated Satin ribbon goes back a long, long way....back to when Pear Pizzazz was an In-Color, I think!  Am I correct about that?  I'm pretty sure Pear Pizzazz was an In-Color at one time.  Anyway, I had a bit of it left and wanted a pretty accessory to go on my card under the sentiment.  I love the way it looks.  I tied a string of linen thread around it to bring out the neutrals in the card as well.  I topped everything off with a few Iridescent Sequins and there you have it!  




I hope you'll be able to join us in this week's CCM Color Challenge!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

Edit:
My card was chosen as a Festive Friday Favorite! Yay!
FF#001 Festive Friday Faves


3 comments:

  1. This card is super cute! :) I didn't know about this color challenge blog, I'll have to check it out! I love color challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card Jenny! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny! I just love your flamingo design that you shared on the Festive Friday challenge! You were one of our Festive Friday Faves for challenge #0007 - I was wondering if you're registered on Festive Friday so you can earn points for tutorials, or to be a guest designer... I didn't see you, but you might be under a different email address? Let me know! Congrats on your Fave pick! Hope to see you play again with us soon!!

    ReplyDelete